Trying to model and invert the data set

Hi @Arsalan, thanks for your questions! I will try to give you a few pointers to code and examples.

1. I assume you are starting with TensorMesh meshes. These are the simplest from the user perspective for getting up and running. There are some tutorials available that discuss setting up meshes. For a 3D mesh,

from discretize import TensorMesh
    mesh = TensorMesh([hx, hy], x0='CC')

Here hx and hy can be vectors of cell widths. So inputting hx = [1, 2, 3] will generate a mesh whose first cell is 1m wide, the second cell is 2m wide and the third is 3m wide. So if you want to design a mesh that conforms to your layers, then you can refine / adjust as you see fit.

2. I think @sgkang09 has a few examples. Are you looking to run a 1D simulation or a 3D one. If you are planning to start with 1D, I would recommend taking a look at SimPEGEM1D

3. If you are using a dbdt receiver, then you can provide voltages. This conversation on input data is quite relevant here (and it sounds like you might be working with a similar survey setup to @jcbarreto!)

I hope this is a helpful starting point. I will circulate this post and see what other relevant examples we can point you to.

2 Likes