Sparse Norm Inversion for Total Magnetic Intensity Data on a Tensor Mesh

I tried to use the SimPEG tutorial named as " Sparse Norm Inversion for Total Magnetic Intensity Data on a Tensor Mesh (http://localhost:8889/notebooks/plot_inv_2a_magnetics_induced.ipynb).

Step-1:
First i tried to just run the SimPEG magnetic inversion python code in jupyter notebook. But i get the error named as. AttributeError: Keyword input ‘model_type’ is not a known property or attribute of Simulation3DIntegral.

Step-2:
Then i tried to mute the script #model_type= “scalar”, in simulation of magnetic inversion. after that the code was executed, and give the satisfactory results. The dobs and dpred of magnetic anomaly was matching.

Step-3:
Problem came, when i tried to execute the same SimPEG Magnetic inversion code on my field data. It was executed successful. But the dpred map was not showing any features with dobs magnetic data. dpred magnetic map was completely plain features.

Step-4
My observed magnetic data point interval is 1 km. So i tired to create the TensorMesh with similar cell size. So, that i will get the high frequency signal also.

I need help from SimPEG users. Could you tell me anyone , why i am not getting proper dpred magnetic anomaly?

1 Like

Hi @sant_63,

Apologies for the late reply! We have recently been working on the documentation and including more tutorials. Please update your SimPEG version and see if this example addresses your questions: Sparse Norm Inversion for Total Magnetic Intensity Data on a Tensor Mesh — SimPEG 0.17.0 documentation